As winter grips the country and the back to work blues take hold it is easy to daydream about flying off to warmer climates. But why not make the dream come true, treat yourself to some winter sunshine and get the New Year off to a perfect start. Whether you want to enjoy the sunshine on a beach, by the pool bar or stretch your legs with a spot of sightseeing, these warmer climates are well worth a visit so book today, pack tonight and step off the plane with a smile tomorrow.
1) Barbados is home to some of the best restaurants and hotels in The Caribbean. December to May is known as the ‘dry season,’ making it the perfect time to visit. Great beaches make this a popular destination but if you are looking for more to do with your day there’s an Abbey, Caves, a Museum and a Botanical Garden to keep you amused.
2) If relaxation and some pampering is overdue then the stunning beaches of The Maldives are ideal for that picture perfect scenery. Have some treatments in a spa or try a spot of diving where the water is so clear all year you can see fifty metres away.
3) Tenerife is just a four-hour flight away so makes an excellent choice for those who don’t enjoy flying or who want a short break and you’ll find something for everyone here. The Teide National Park is a wonderful attraction with its volcanic crater and cable car ride to the top of the peak and the Loro Parque theme park boasts the world’s largest collection of parrots.
4) South Africa boasts some amazing cities, with delicious food and nightlife aplenty. Go whale watching or take a dive to see the reefs, shipwrecks and even sharks. For the more adventurous have a go at bungee jumping or slide through the forest on a steel cable on one of the canopy tours. Running on the same time zone as the UK there’ll be no jet lag to worry about either.
5) Can’t decide where to visit? Why not hop on a winter sun cruise and let the ship guide you to some fabulous destinations in South America. Embrace the Latin spirit of Argentina or discover the ancient Inca site of Machu Pikchuin Peru. With luxurious settings on board you can experience great sightseeing during the day and enjoy the best of culinary delights and evening entertainment whilst knowing you are a stone’s throw from your cabin.
Tempted? Take a look at the last minute deals available, pack up your suitcase and don’t forget your passport. Why not book a chauffeur to ensure you get to the airport safely and in good time for your flight and have one waiting when you land home for a smooth, stress free return home.